Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Introducing Huckleberry the Kitten, New Editor of the Guiness Blog

Huckleberry the Kitten, Huckleberry the Cat


Hello, my name is Huckleberry the Kitten. Some of you may know me as the Heir Apparent to Guiness the Cat. When I came to be Debbi's kitty, I inherited the couch, chair, bed, litter box, Debbi's clothes, some cat food, and lots of leftover Guiness hair, which comes in very handy because I just don't have the volume to shed that Guiness did.

As some of you know, my mama has this thing about cats who claim to be famous writers but can't spell or scratch out a grammatically correct sentence. It's been very frustrating for me because she made me wait until I had enough kitty homeschool to pass a composition exam before she would let me write more than the occasional Facebook comment.

Mama has finally decided I'm ready to start my own blog, so I'll be revealing that as soon as it's live. In the meantime, she said that editing The Guiness Blog will be good experience for me.

When Guiness the Cat passed away, he left some unpublished manuscripts and lots and lots of cute kitty pictures. He also left a wealth of material left homeless by the demise of Bubblews, as well as some good stuff on Persona Paper, which will soon close. Mama has given me the job of editing and archiving all that good stuff on the Guiness Blog.

I'm very excited about all this. Not only do I get to learn from the Master Kitty Blogger, I get to do all the explaining about all the behind the scenes stuff.

I also get administrative privileges to The Guiness Blog by Guiness the Cat Facebook page. That's going to be fun. I've been having tons of fun on my own page, Huckleberry the Cat, Kitty Blogger. If you haven't liked our pages yet, be sure to do that so you'll know what's going on at our blogs.

I need to go take a nap now so I can get to work on The Guiness Blog as soon as I finish my homework. So much responsibility for a growing kitty!

Sincerely, Huckleberry the Kitten, Editor and Kitty Blogger




4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is some humongous responsibility. My dear friend, Guiness,your predecssor, would definitely be proud. I'll be looking forward to your editing and everything else you'll be doing. Your Auntie/mentor, Mildred the Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Auntie Mildred the Cat,

      It really is a big responsibility, and kind of scary. But having an Auntie/mentor like you makes me feel a lot better. I know I can count on you.

      With love and kitty kisses, Huckleberry the Kitten, Editor

      Delete
  2. Dear Huckleberry, Well done on your promotion. Remember to treat the esteemed words of your predecessor with due respect and you will do well. It will be an excellent training ground for you to stretch your literary paws. I look forward to your first composition. - Morpheus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Morpheus,

      There's so much good stuff to be archived, I almost don't know where to begin. It's kind of scary, sort of like the other day when I went out in the snow for the first time. I guess the way to tackle it is like I did the snow. I'll just run back and forth from one end of the house to the other until it's all done. Or nap time. Whichever comes first.

      Love, Huckleberry the Kitten, Editor

      Delete